4 Mother’s Day Cocktails
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the beautiful mom’s out there. We appreciate you! Mother’s day is a holiday to honor motherhood that is observed in different forms throughout the world. The American incarnation of Mother’s Day was created by Anna Jarvis in 1908 and became an official U.S. holiday in 1914. Here are 4 Mother’s Day cocktails that are easy to make. Now you can add a fun little twist to brunch, lunch or dinner with mom today, or anytime!
This delicious mojito is great for any occasion, and also low in sugar!
- 6 peppermint tea bags
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 3 limes, quartered
- Crushed ice, to serve
- Combine tea bags and 4 cups water in a large jug. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until cool. Discard tea bags.
- Place maple, mint and lime in a large jug and gently crush with a muddler or rolling pin. Stir in cooled tea and ice. Serve.
Frozen Pina Colada
Who doesn’t love a Pina Colada? If you are on a tropical island, or better yet, want to feel like you are on a tropical island, this drink is for you. The fruity taste with a mix of alcohol will have you buzzing in all the right ways. Treat mom to this delicious drink!
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chilled sugar syrup
- 1 cup good-quality dark rum
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Pineapple wedges
- Combine 1/3 cup caster sugar and 1/3 cup water in a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof jug. Cover and chill until cold.
- Blend 1/2 cup chilled sugar syrup and 1 cup good-quality dark rum, 1 cup coconut cream, 2 cups pineapple juice and 4 cups ice cubes in a blender until smooth.
- Divide amongst 4 glasses and garnish with pineapple wedges
Mama’s House Punch
Good times are coming with this tiki inspired ‘Mama’s House Punch’ cocktail. This cocktail mix is great for a party, so your guests are welcome to serve themselves, and keep coming back for more!
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Chilled sugar syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Cognac
- 3 cups Jamaican rum
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1/4 cup peach brandy
- 2 sliced lemons
- 3 cups water
- Hibiscus flowers in syrup
- Place 1/2 cup caster sugar and 1/2 cup water in a pan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Transfer to a heatproof jug, cover and chill until cold.
- In a punch bowl, combine the chilled sugar syrup with 1 1/2 cups Cognac, 3 cups Jamaican rum, 1 1/2 cups lemon juice, 1/4 cup peach brandy (or regular brandy) and 2 sliced lemons. Top with ice and 3 cups water.
- Serve with drained hibiscus flowers in syrup
Raspberry, Prosecco and mint cocktail
Pop the bottle to mix the perfect cocktail! This refreshing and bubbly drink will leave you wanting more! Perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch, or evening gatherings.
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 125g raspberries
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Handful mint leaves, half torn
- Small pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup Prosecco or sparkling wine
- Place sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool, then cover and chill until needed.
- Mix half the berries in a food processor (or blender) until smooth. Strain, discarding any solids.
- Fill half a cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka, torn mint leaves, chili flakes, raspberry puree and 2 tbs sugar syrup. Shake well, then stir in Prosecco.
- Fill glasses with ice, strain over cocktail and serve with remaining mint and berries.
We hope that you enjoy these 4 Mother’s Day cocktails. Tag us on Instagram to share your twist on these drinks with us!